DNS Proxywall - Change Log
January 16, 2019
The new 5.22 version has been released for
- Fixed: geo-database was not updating on Windows 10 (1809).
January 14, 2019
The new 5.20 version has been released for
- Added support for Windows Server 2019.
- Fixed: geo-rules territory tree was not properly populated.
January 11, 2019
The new 5.19 version has been released for
- Significantly improved visual performance.
- Fixed: sometimes unable to specify upstream standard DNS server.
- Fixed: click within settings on 'Set Current GeoDefsDB' was clearing all geo rules.
December 10, 2018
The new 5.17 version has been released for
- Added start of service upon UI startup.
- Added flag for Mayotte territory.
- Text search of rules now searches among geo-codes as well.
- Fixed country flag was not displayed in log when blocked by geo rules.
- Fixed deleted rules were restored back after UI restart.
- Fixed trial key was not accepted by activation dialog.
- Fixed online activation was blocked by some firewalls.
- Fixed deleted profiles coming back after UI restart.
- Fixed absent profiles cause loaded rules to become disabled.
November 26, 2018
The new 5.16 version has been released for
- Fixed profile name was changing when switching to a different rules profile.
- Fixed the About dialog showing embedded geo definitions database version instead of the current one.
- Fixed the attemt to change the log file location while the current location is within inaccessible directory was throwing an exception.
- Fixed the log file from inaccessible directory was not displayed.
- Fixed reset of profiles upon service component restart.
- Fixed clicking on a file was not loading the file.
October 29, 2018
The new 5.15 version has been released for
- Fixed not displayed activity log events that happened prior to UI startup.
- Fixed program hang when importing a digital certificate.
- Fixed geo definitions database download time was not using
the current time zone.
- Added: a profile manager and assignment of categories to rules.
Each profile now activates selected categories of rules. Switching
between profiles is via Profile Manager or system tray icon menu.
- Added: multiple name pattern rules can be deleted or assigned categories at once.
October 18, 2018
The new 5.14 version has been released for
- Fixed crash of when importing more than 1000 rules.
- Corrected text within message boxes.
October 17, 2018
The new DNS Proxywall product superceedes the previous DNS
Firewall product. It inherits and extends DNS Firewall
The new 5.12 version has been released for
- Addded DNS proxy mode:
- Cascading (chaining) of DNS proxies is now supported
- Supported proxy clients:
- Standard DNS clients
- Tunnel DNS over TCP channel clients
- Tunnel DNS over SSL/TLS channel clients - with and
- Supported proxy client authentication as one or more of:
- no authentication
- by IP address
- by self-signed certificate
- Added capability to use several upstream DNS servers for
- Selection of an algorithm for load balancing
- Authentication with upstream servers with self-signed certificates
- Auto-blocking of requests that have a long roundtrip
- Added Geo DNS
- Blocking of DNS records based on a single or all IPs from
- Editing of DNS records to remove IP addresses from
- Prioritization (re-order) of IP addresses according to
- Enhanced user interface
- Dialogs to generate, select, and import self-signed
- Statistics for upstream DNS servers and proxy clients
- Display of DNS roundtrip times per
request, per server, per proxy client
- Display of territory flags next to IP addresses
- A dialog for geo lookup of host names
- Settings to adjust statistics details to performance needs
- Background color is now changeable
- Enhanced DNS cache
- Added permanent host address table for local resolution
of host names
- Added caching of refused requests
- Added IP whitelist of addresses protected from blocking
- Enhanced name pattern rules
- added time-based condition
The change log
for the prior product (DNS Firewall) can be accessed