DNS Proxywall - Change Log
December 1, 2022
The new 5.61 version has been released for
- Fixed: installer to uninstall leftover driver INF files.
- Fixed: processing of OPT record was causing DNS response processing failure.
- Fixed: UI crash during the update of proxy client statistics.
- Improved: output of critical events into Event Viewer log.
- Improved: IP Geo Lookup dialog appearance.
- Improved: upgraded internal geo definitions database (GeoDefsDB) to 11/15/22.
- Added: setting for extra time for DNS requests.
- Added: setting to Block/Allow unknown (not within DB) subnets.
- Added: added diagnostics tracing integration with Windows Performance Monitor.
September 5, 2022
The new 5.58 version has been released for
- Fixed: compatibility with GeoFirewall.
- Fixed: DNS cache tab was not showing cached items.
- Fixed: crash when editing User-Defined networks.
- Improved: loading of rules from a file.
- Improved: updated internal geo-database to September 1,2022.
The new 5.49 version has been released for
- Fixed: the service was not starting after Win10 1809 to Win10 21H2 update.
- Fixed: wait cursor was getting stuck.
- Improved: performance on 10Gbps networks.
- Improved: refactored context/popup menu UI.
- Improved: switched to show GeoDefsDB version from acquisition time to compression time.
- Improved: updated embedded GeoDefsDB to the build of Feb 22,2022.
- Added: now works with most VPNs.
- Added: CPU mask and utilization limits are configurable via registry.
December 11, 2020
The new 5.47 version has been released for
- Fixed: the uninstaller was unable to shutdown UI while UI had a message box open.
- Fixed: high CPU utilization on the system was triggering UI to report that the license has expired.
- Fixed: a flicker of GeoDefsDB date within settings dialog during the update.
- Improved: better responsiveness of the user interface.
- Improved: better use of all processors for traffic filtering in multi processor systems.
October 1, 2020
The new 5.43 version has been released for
- Fixed: permanent address table was not resolving IP addresses when upstread DNS server had IPv6 address.
- Fixed: centering of message boxes on second monitor.
- Fixed: the geo lookup dialog was not accepting non-standard IPv6 addresses.
- Fixed: expired subscriptions should be ignored when an unexpired one is present.
- Improved: loading and saving of Settings.
- Improved: faster detection when UI disconnects from the service.
- Improved: a catch-up download of geo-definitions database is performed after wake up from the sleep.
- Improved: updated internal geo-definitions database.
- Added: compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V.
May 1, 2020
The new 5.41 version has been released for
- Fixed: the reset of GeoDefsDB to build-in GeoDefsDB was clearning the rules.
- Fixed: the unchecking a whole territorial region was locked.
- Fixed: user-defined networks did not get visual selection during opening of the context menu.
- Fixed: blocked IPs were not aggregated within Activity log.
- Fixed: the autoscroll did not scroll to the end when logging in and the list was already populated.
- Fixed: the visual association of some countries to respective regions was incorrect.
- Fixed: was unable to add the same serial key for a subscription as for the active product.
- Fixed: the activation dialog did not prevent the same subscription key adding multiple times during the product activation.
- Fixed: now preventing rollback of GeoDefsDB upon cancellation of Settings dialog.
- Fixed: now preventing loss of selection of a subscription within Activations dialog during refresh/re-validation.
- Fixed: the activation dialog was not reflecting success/failure response from server for some time.
- Improved: avoid displaying expiration of the subscription lincense that is not actually used during online communications.
- Added: support for optimized geo database GeoDefsDB v2.0
- Added: import/export of program-wide settings into an XML file.
- Added: the progress animation within Activation dialog for product and subscription activations.
- Added: the notification about new releases and the setting for frequency of update checks.
February 3, 2020
The new 5.40 version has been released for
- Fixed: recovery after unexpected shutdown corrupted user.config.
- Fixed: incompatibility with 'Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver' was resulting in a memory leak.
- Fixed: sometimes DHCPv4 packets were discarded when on mixed IPv4-IPv6 network.
- Fixed: license status refresh during activation.
- Added: support for Windows 10 1909.
- Added: overlay image when UI is disconnected from the service.
- Added: subscriptions management within Activation dialog.
- Added: aggregation window setting for the activity log.
- Added: setting for blocking strategy with refuse-query or provide-empty-ip-list
- Improved: notification of subscription expiration at 30, 7, and 1 days till expiration.
- Improved: IPv6 and IPv4 addresses are now reported separately within the log and the cache.
June 14, 2019
The new 5.32 version has been released for
- Fixed: failure to detect network adapters on Windows 10 1903.
- Added: support for Windows 10 1903.
June 3, 2019
The new 5.30 version has been released for
- Added: a button to reset the whitelist to factory defaults.
- Added: displaying last 5 characters of the license key within activation dialog.
- Added: detection and recovery mechanism for corrupt user.config file that was preventing UI from starting.
- Added: diagnostics utility to display .NET Framework version and proper Windows version.
- Improved: upon uninstall shutdown of all programs that use the driver.
- Updated: end-user license agreement.
- Fixed: "Process unauthorized..." event was written into event log upon UI and service startup.
- Fixed: timeout of the sevice upon startup during OS startup.
- Fixed: editing of whitelist and editing of allowed proxy client networks.
- Fixed: sometimes geo definitions were not set to the driver upon the service startup until UI was started.
January 16, 2019
The new 5.22 version has been released for
- Fixed: geo-database was not updating on Windows 10 (1809).
January 14, 2019
The new 5.20 version has been released for
- Added support for Windows Server 2019.
- Fixed: geo-rules territory tree was not properly populated.
January 11, 2019
The new 5.19 version has been released for
- Significantly improved visual performance.
- Fixed: sometimes unable to specify upstream standard DNS server.
- Fixed: click within settings on 'Set Current GeoDefsDB' was clearing all geo rules.
December 10, 2018
The new 5.17 version has been released for
- Added start of service upon UI startup.
- Added flag for Mayotte territory.
- Text search of rules now searches among geo-codes as well.
- Fixed country flag was not displayed in log when blocked by geo rules.
- Fixed deleted rules were restored back after UI restart.
- Fixed trial key was not accepted by activation dialog.
- Fixed online activation was blocked by some firewalls.
- Fixed deleted profiles coming back after UI restart.
- Fixed absent profiles cause loaded rules to become disabled.
November 26, 2018
The new 5.16 version has been released for
- Fixed profile name was changing when switching to a different rules profile.
- Fixed the About dialog showing embedded geo definitions database version instead of the current one.
- Fixed the attemt to change the log file location while the current location is within inaccessible directory was throwing
- Fixed the log file from inaccessible directory was not displayed.
- Fixed reset of profiles upon service component restart.
- Fixed clicking on a file was not loading the file.
October 29, 2018
The new 5.15 version has been released for
- Fixed not displayed activity log events that happened prior to UI startup.
- Fixed program hang when importing a digital certificate.
Fixed geo definitions database download time was not using
the current time zone.
Added: a profile manager and assignment of categories to rules.
Each profile now activates selected categories of rules. Switching
between profiles is via Profile Manager or system tray icon menu.
- Added: multiple name pattern rules can be deleted or assigned categories at once.
October 18, 2018
The new 5.14 version has been released for
- Fixed crash of when importing more than 1000 rules.
- Corrected text within message boxes.
October 17, 2018
The new DNS Proxywall product superceedes the previous DNS
Firewall product. It inherits and extends DNS Firewall
The new 5.12 version has been released for
Addded DNS proxy mode:
- Cascading (chaining) of DNS proxies is now supported
Supported proxy clients:
- Standard DNS clients
- Tunnel DNS over TCP channel clients
Tunnel DNS over SSL/TLS channel clients - with and
Supported proxy client authentication as one or more of:
- no authentication
- by IP address
- by self-signed certificate
Added capability to use several upstream DNS servers for
- Selection of an algorithm for load balancing
- Authentication with upstream servers with self-signed certificates
- Auto-blocking of requests that have a long roundtrip
- Added Geo DNS
Blocking of DNS records based on a single or all IPs from
Editing of DNS records to remove IP addresses from
Prioritization (re-order) of IP addresses according to
Enhanced user interface
Dialogs to generate, select, and import self-signed
- Statistics for upstream DNS servers and proxy clients
Display of DNS roundtrip times per
request, per server, per proxy client
- Display of territory flags next to IP addresses
- A dialog for geo lookup of host names
- Settings to adjust statistics details to performance needs
- Background color is now changeable
Enhanced DNS cache
Added permanent host address table for local resolution
of host names
- Added caching of refused requests
- Added IP whitelist of addresses protected from blocking
Enhanced name pattern rules
- added time-based condition
The change log
for the prior product (DNS Firewall) can be accessed